Question Bios Got Changed

Apr 30, 2023
Hello,
I have a msi Motherboard in my pc.
The product is k9n6pgm2-v.
S/N: 601-7309-090B0911049767

2 years ago, when the time I'm using windows 7,
I got so many features in my bios with different tabs.

But everything got changed when I upgraded to windows 10.
Now my bios is something like cmos setup utility with no more customization features.
I want my old bios back.
I did upgraded and downgraded my bios and even downgraded my pc to windows 7 but still I have is cmos setup utility.
I really want my old bios back.
What I needed to do.
Plzz reply.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
An upgrade to windows 10 from 7 doesn't touch the BIOS of your computer. If you are using a utility within Windows 10, it is most likely generic in nature.

In order to access your bios, you need to boot into the BIOS (ie - press DEL on powering up)

You may also want to check to see if the BIOS is up-to-date:

Apr 30, 2023
An upgrade to windows 10 from 7 doesn't touch the BIOS of your computer. If you are using a utility within Windows 10, it is most likely generic in nature.

In order to access your bios, you need to boot into the BIOS (ie - press DEL on powering up)

You may also want to check to see if the BIOS is up-to-date:
But my bios was not cmos utility before.
I don't know how it got changed

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
According to the page 10 of the manual for that motherboard K9N6PGM2-V , it shows a CMOS Setup Utility only. You may have ran the MSI Dual Core Center software that worked with the BIOS.

Apr 30, 2023
According to the page 10 of the manual for that motherboard K9N6PGM2-V , it shows a CMOS Setup Utility only. You may have ran the MSI Dual Core Center software that worked with the BIOS.

I'm not having advanced chipset features in bios that mentioned in the manual
What will i do?
I tried so many key combinations but nothing works.

2 years ago, when the time I'm using windows 7,
I got so many features in my bios with different tabs.

But everything got changed when I upgraded to windows 10.
Now my bios is something like cmos setup utility with no more customization features.
I want my old bios back.
You probably had MSI Dual Core Center installed before.
With upgrade to windows 10 it got uninstalled, because of incompatibility with windows 10.

If you want it back, then reinstall windows 7.

Bios always looked the same (CMOS setup is the same thing).

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
When you get into the BIOS, use your keyboard to move the selector down (tab or down arrow) to the "Advanced Chipset Features" and press Enter.

If the selector doesn't move, the motherboard isn't recognizing your keyboard being connected to the PS2 Port.

Apr 30, 2023
I mean i don't have an option named advanced chipset features.
When you get into the BIOS, use your keyboard to move the selector down (tab or down arrow) to the "Advanced Chipset Features" and press Enter.

If the selector doesn't move, the motherboard isn't recognizing your keyboard being connected to the PS2 Port.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Do you have the option to "Load Fail Safe Defaults" or "Load Optimized Defaults"

What BIOS version is shown? The latest AMI version is 9.9 for that board

You may have to re-flash the BIOS.

Apr 30, 2023
Do you have the option to "Load Fail Safe Defaults" or "Load Optimized Defaults"

What BIOS version is shown? The latest AMI version is 9.9 for that board

You may have to re-flash the BIOS.
I reflashed the latest v9.9 bios yesterday.
I have the both options you mentioned above but don't have advanced chipset features.
I need it to overclock my cpu
My cpu is amd sempron 140 it has a second core
I want to unlock it

I reflashed the latest v9.9 bios yesterday.
I have the both options you mentioned above but don't have advanced chipset features.
I need it to overclock my cpu
My cpu is amd sempron 140 it has a second core
I want to unlock it
its in the cell menu
PocmmA9.png

W0VPBfA.png

if its missing from your bios, then flash it with older bios version

The AMD Sempron 140 only has 1 core according to the Benchmark.net. I searched on the internet for that particular CPU and every site indicates single core only.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Please read the article:

The trick requires a motherboard with AMD SB710 or SB750 southbridge that supports the Advanced Clock Calibration feature