Question BIOS Help???

jargey3000

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Not really sure where best place to ask this...
I have a Lenovo thinkcenter desktop, running Windows 7. I was trying to get into Safe Mode using F8, but I ended up in the BIOS mode. I'm not sure what options i clicked to get out of there, but since then I've lost all my bookmarks in Google Chrome.
I think I may have done something in the BIOS mode, but I'm not sure what I did.......
Do you think this is the cause? If so what should I try, or check, to restore my bookmarks..? Thanks.

I have a Levono Thinkpad also, and I tried numerous times to get to safe mode with F8 unsuccessfully. However after doing some research I discovered the problem is a Thinkpad's flash splash screen is not the same as other computers, as it is designed as a direct link to Thinkpad Rescue and Recovery utility. Because of that, when you want to boot to safe mode, you have to wait until the flash splash screen is gone before tapping the F8 key. If you don't, even if you continue to tap the F8 key, it will not trigger safe mode.

Last edited:

AsadP2012

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2013
There's nothing I can think of that can erase your bookmarks from a BIOS setting.

Unless you switched hard drive boot settings but, you would tell since you may only one one operating system installed.