Question BIOS ID check error Gigabyte B660M DS3H DDR4

Feb 28, 2023
Hello everyone, I have a Gigabyte B660M DS3H DDR 4 (rev1.0) motherboard with BIOS F6. I wanted to update the bios using Q-Flash to F21. But I get the BIOS ID Check Error every time I try to do so. My motherboard is I have so far tried the following:

1. Formatting the usb drive to FAT32/NTFS/exFAT
  2. Putting all the bios update files on the root of the usb
  3. Trying the F20/F6 versions
  4. Trying the @bios app from Gigabyte website (through APP CENTER)

Nothing worked. I have the bios downloaded from the correct place (https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B660M-DS3H-DDR4-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver). Please suggest how I can update my bios.

Feb 28, 2023
just checked that bios image, it has included efi program, extract it all into usb drive, boot from it, dont use q-flash, flash it through that program
pdf manual is on there

yes, I tried that too but forgot to mention it. I created a boot drive using Rufus and put the contents of the zip file on the drive. Then booted from the EFI shell, and followed the instructions of the pdf file. Once I write flash.nsh on the efi shell, it pauses for a second and then shows “SPI initialization fail” and then returns to the efi shell.

Feb 28, 2023
Just to share an update, the Gigabyte eSupport team suggested to use the q-flash plus method. I disconnected everything, except for the two power connectors of the motherboard. Then placed the usb drive (with renamed bios file on it) on the dedicated usb slot, used the q-flash-plus button on the motherboard to turn on the pc. It took about 3 minutes to check (rapid blinking of the q-flash-plus LED) and then 5-6 minutes to flash the bios (slow blinking). After flashing, the blinking stops and the pc reboots. I loaded the optimized defaults, and everything is fine now. I still do not know why I could not use the q-flash from the bios menu. I used the same file for this q-flash-plus thing, which is strange.

TRENDING THREADS