Bios is “updating”

Dec 4, 2018
So here’s the problem

I have a message on my PC that says “Bios is updating. Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system boot up failure” now here is the weird part, I HAVE NOT INIATED A BIOS UPDATE, I’ve owned this PC for around 4-5 years now, the motherboard is around 3 years old, I have NEVER attempted to update the bios, NEVER.

This is the second time I’ve turned on my PC and I get to this screen, I don’t know why, to my knowledge I have no bios update software, if that’s even a thing, the first time this happened it lasted for 2 hours until my computer restarted itself into windows.

I’m currently writing this as my computer is giving me this message for the second time as previously stated, it’s really weird and I couldn’t find anything online to help me figure out what’s going on.

I have an asus sabertooth mark 1 z97 running bios version 2601 2015/10/12, so 1 version under the last.

If anyone can help shed some light into what the problem is is appreciated.

Dec 4, 2018

Idk all I can say is that I haven’t done anything, both times that this had happened the only thing I did was turn on the PC, that’s it, haven’t attempted any bios update nor do I want to