BIOS, is gone.... ASUS A7S266-VM

KalletheMan

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
Hey!

I got a ASUS A7S266-VM SE motherboard. I was about to update, when the AFLASH said that the two BIOS versions, wasn't of same model. But I forced the motherboard, to take the update, and the update was succesfully.

But when I did start the machine again, it only made noices like "Buuuuiii, Buuuiiii etc...". I did understandt that the BIOS must have been wrong.

When I start the machine, I can't get into the BIOS at all. Will someone please help me. How can I restore my old BIOS(if there is a possibility..)? How can I fix my BIOS back to good again.

Will it work to fix it, or am I in "deep trouble"?

Thanks!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
you probably have to <A HREF="http://www.pc-pages.co.uk/motherboard/motherboard_Help_7.htm" target="_new">hot flash</A>

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

KalletheMan

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
hmm... Do you know where I can order a BIOS-chip. I tried to "Hot Flash", but it didn't work. The one BIOS, doesn't give any sign of living. I followed the instruction very close, but it seems like the chip is ruined.

Anywhere on the internet, where you could order a chip?

Thanks.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Yeah try Asus. Abit was going to send me one, I would think Asus would do the same. You might want to send them a picture of it. Just for there is no confusing, because they might tell you that you don’t need one. Hehe, it happened to me one time with a part.

When I have a problem with ATI's drivers, I assume it's their fault. When I have a problem with nVidia's drivers, I assume it's my fault

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
That's how I did it with Abit. It was only going to cost me $15 bucks at the time for the BIOS chip, maybe + shipping to. I ended up not needing it though, because I manage to get my BIOS flashed.

It wouldn’t hurt to try and you have to start somewhere.

When I have a problem with ATI's drivers, I assume it's their fault. When I have a problem with nVidia's drivers, I assume it's my fault

KalletheMan

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
Yes, but I have tried to Hot Flash. But when I remove the BIOS chip in DOS(when I remove the chip, and replace it with the "ruined" BIOS chip(from the other motherboard)), the AFLASH says that the Flashing was succesfully, but when I try to start over again, the chip will not work. It seems like it hasn't got any info. from the AFLASH program.

Please help me...

Thanks!

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I was just saying if you need a new BIOS chip to contact Asus. Write them an e-mail and take it from there. If they can’t help you I have no ideal where to get a BIOS chip. Did you build your computer and is there any chance to RMA the mobo?

As jlanka had posted I would try that. I know it said it flashes successfully, but are you sure you have the right BIOS update and are doing it right? I thought I killed the BIOS chip once, but I was typing in the wrong file name, so I know sometimes you get a second change, but I don’t know in your case. I’m not really up when BIOS goes wrong.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3422735706&category=1244" target="_new">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3422735706&category=1244</A>
there are many others too

There is no smell better than fried silicon :evil:

dwellman

Splendid
Dec 14, 2002
the AFLASH says that the Flashing was succesfully, but when I try to start over again, the chip will not work.
You're not trying to re-flash with the BIOS version that killed your BIOS chip, are you?

dwellman

Splendid
Dec 14, 2002
And it's still not working?

KalletheMan

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
No, it is not workings. It seems like the AFLASH is not refreshing itself, even when I go in and out of the program. I think this is a sign of a ruined BIOS-chip, don't you think...?

Thanks!

dwellman

Splendid
Dec 14, 2002
Try a different version of AFLASH? Older BIOS?

dwellman

Splendid
Dec 14, 2002
Try a different version of AFLASH or awdflash? Older BIOS?

TRENDING THREADS