Bios isn't showing properly... Help!!!

Sezanmk

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
Help ..... I ran into a problem. The first time i started my pc using msi z97 gaming 5; i was using a 15 inch monitor just for checking. So my bios also adapted to that screen resolution. But now when i'm using it with my 22 inch hd monitor my bios screen does not show properly to that screen resolution. It still shows only 15 inch of 22 inch as it was in my previous monitor. So it looks pretty bad everytime i turn on my pc, like windowed bios which is pretty bad. So how can i fix it ? Should i remove the battery from the motherboard for couple of seconds to reset it so that it can adapt with my current display resolution? I am really in need of your expertise now.... Please help!!!

Solution
The BIOS does not "remember" the previous screen size that you used, no way. Furthermore, the existing resolution setting in Windows is irrelevant when you're in the BIOS Setup utility.

Try using the monitor's own setup buttons to bring up the on-screen picture adjustment menu, then adjust/increase the width & height of the BIOS image until it fills the screen.
The BIOS does not "remember" the previous screen size that you used, no way. Furthermore, the existing resolution setting in Windows is irrelevant when you're in the BIOS Setup utility.

Try using the monitor's own setup buttons to bring up the on-screen picture adjustment menu, then adjust/increase the width & height of the BIOS image until it fills the screen.

Solution

Sezanmk

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014

Thanks but if i use the monitors adjustment menu, don't you think when i go into the os some part of it will be outside the screen? It seems weird that a latest motherboard bios uses a 15 inch setup utility. So i thought it would be my previous monitor's bad work or something like that.