Question Bios Issue?

Oct 30, 2020
So I just got done cleaning my PC for the first time today, about 6 months since I built everything. Anyways I applied new thermal paste to the CPU, the CPU was out of the socket for maybe 10 mins max. Upon rebooting my system I got a cmos cleared message. Is this normal? It seemed odd to me.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060
Gigabyte AORUS B450 Elite
Corair RMX750w gold
Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD
WD Black 1TB HDD

Math Geek

Champion
Ambassador
mine did the same thing to me when i changed coolers and lifted the cpu to clean it. think it is just a quirk of the bios.

i have a b450 aorus pro and a 3700x so similar set-up to you. do check to be sure any settings you changed are still where they need to be. i had to put a couple back after it reset on me.

Oct 30, 2020
mine did the same thing to me when i changed coolers and lifted the cpu to clean it. think it is just a quirk of the bios.

i have a b450 aorus pro and a 3700x so similar set-up to you. do check to be sure any settings you changed are still where they need to be. i had to put a couple back after it reset on me.
Yeah I reapplied the settings straight away once I got message, maybe the bios reconfigures the CPU upon boot? I have no idea. Thanks for the reply.

ASK THE COMMUNITY