Bios loop when trying to install windows on a new motherboard

Jan 27, 2019
I seems to be stuck in a BIOS loop on my new pc.
these are the parts I used:
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB
Asus ROG Strix Z390-F
Corsair RM750X v2 PSU
Intel Core i5-9600K
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
noctua nh-d14
I have made a windows 10 installation ready on a USB flash drive, and I have made that flash drive top boot priority. it is a clean install, new windows, and the SSD is also brand new. When i exit Bios or reset the computer from Bios, I simply return to Bios again. All the settings i Bios seems fine, all the parts are connected and shows in Bios, and the temperatures are low. The USB flash drive is registered in the Bios menu, and i prepared the installation according to the microsoft website. could my motherboard be damaged somehow? or is there hopefully a simple solution i have missed? appreciate the help, and i hope i'm posting in the right thread.

gullidotwog

Proper
Sep 13, 2018
Have you tried hitting F12 (I think normally) and choosing the boot order manually? Are you sure the USB is actually being recognized as a bootable drive? (you can check by plugging into any windows 10 machine, normally the icon is different for bootable media with little green arrow)

If you are sure there are no other obvious errors or problems in the bios/POST then the boot drive not being made correctly seems most likely.

Jan 27, 2019
You were partly right, i was the flash drive. The installation device was prepared correctly, but then I went ahead and chose the wrong USB flash drive and put into my new computer. I have now installed windows and everything seems to be working normally. thanks for taking the time to answer, and sorry for bothering you with my mistake.

gullidotwog

Proper
Sep 13, 2018

lol... well from your description it did rather sound like a simple mistake than a serious problem... I had similar just the other day when was unable to flash bios on my new mobo, only to discover in the end is was because I had formatted in NTFS not FAT32

is easy to do, glad you sorted it.