[SOLVED] Bios not booting windows setup properly (MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard)

Apr 9, 2020
Hi I was wondering if any of you guys could help me at all,

I bought this motherboard and I was having issues with the RAM I ordered which I thankfully found out was just a faulty RAM stick. I am now facing yet another problem and i'm starting to get annoyed because i'm 4 weeks in lockdown and can't game. I'm trying to install windows onto my new drive. To my dismay, whenever I try to load the bootable flash drive with the windows creation tool on it, it loads but is stuck on the loading screen for about (i've checked) an hour. When it does load I get blue-screened however this is rare. I've tried many media creation tools and many usb's and external drives but I can't get the damn thing to load without an issue. I am debating whether the board is faulty as i've already had so many issues with it so far in my build. I've done everything correct, all the fans are working, updated the bios. i've made sure of absolutely everything. Does anyone have any clue of what this may be?

Main Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 3600MHz RGB PRO
Cooler: Be Quiet! Pure Rock 150TDP BK009

Many thanks in advance

Luke

Last edited:
Solution
I figured it out. I was at the point of losing hope until I actually unplugged the data cable from my mobo and it launched the bootable drive instantly even though I put the bootable disk as 1st priority. It was basically trying to boot the drive all along and was failing. Thanks for your help :)
Apr 9, 2020
Its a sandisk flash drive and it's formatted to fat32 originally but I believe the media creation tools formats it anyway? I tried both 3.1 and 2. I started with 2 as it's recommended apparently :) Both don't work basically

Its a sandisk flash drive and it's formatted to fat32 originally but I believe the media creation tools formats it anyway? I tried both 3.1 and 2. I started with 2 as it's recommended apparently :) Both don't work basically
Just being a SanDisk brand does not tell you how fast the flash drive is. In general, more expensive drives are faster and inexpensive drives are slower. The cheapest drives are the slowest drives. Does it have a model name? Did the package it came in give read & write speeds for the drive? Any drive that does not give a speed rating is sure to be very slow.

Apr 9, 2020
I can see if i can find another one. What if it doesn't work. Could it be an issue with the board or the bios? I know it's hard to tell but i've tried almost every drive I have in my house and i'm worried the issue lies deeper and I don't have long until the returns policy runs out :)

Apr 9, 2020
Yes it is indeed a B450, sorry forgot to mention that. It definitely supports the cpu because I updated it to a bios that works with the Ryzen 3000 series and it's identifying it correctly.

Apr 9, 2020
No, i've opened the media creation tool .exe and created a bootable flash drive. It's all installed correctly to the flash drive. I will try rufus in a bit to see if that works. Can I use an external drive for this process as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: rocktalkrock
Apr 9, 2020
I figured it out. I was at the point of losing hope until I actually unplugged the data cable from my mobo and it launched the bootable drive instantly even though I put the bootable disk as 1st priority. It was basically trying to boot the drive all along and was failing. Thanks for your help :)

Solution