Bios not detecting hard drive, then failing to post. HELP

Adec001

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017
Ok for a few months now, my bios fails to detect my hard drive, and I need to restart the pc few times in orded for hdd to show up.

I tried putting in my laptop hard drive but it wouldnt pick up either, also tried all the slots and different Sata cable.

So i just kept rebooting until it turns on, considering my pc usually stays on for 15+ hours anyway.
Usually it took anywhere from 2 to 10 reboots in order for hdd to show up in bios.

HDD has 100% hralth and performance when i checked with Hdd Sentinel.

Here is the problem now:

Pc doesnt post. Monitor gets no signal message and I cant even get into the bios.

Can anyone guide me to what troubleshooting steps should I take or has general idea which part may be broken or something?

Full pc specs:

Amd phenom x4 b97
Medion MS 7464 mobo
6gb of ddr3 ram
Some random 320gb hdd
Rx 460 gigabyte
Win 7 home premium

Solution
PSU, motherboard, graphics card, hdd - those would be usual suspects based on your symptoms.
You have to do a game of elimination.
Get some other working system with similar hardware. Replace parts one by one and find the faulty one.
PSU, motherboard, graphics card, hdd - those would be usual suspects based on your symptoms.
You have to do a game of elimination.
Get some other working system with similar hardware. Replace parts one by one and find the faulty one.

Solution