[SOLVED] Bios not detecting pcie ssd

Mar 18, 2020
My laptop(Lenovo v310 15isk 80SY03E3IH) have a pcie 3x2 slot, I have installed a pcie 3x4(Kingston pcie nvme 3x4 250gb) ssd in that slot. By searching in Tom's hardware, I had get to know that it runs half a speed of 3x4 ssd but it isn't detected by bios. Can anyone help me out to solve this issue. Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
Look on the label on the bottom, there's more after the 15isk

Also, which exact SSD did you purchase?
Lastly, the bios generally doesn't detect an NVME drive until after it can load the driver and your BIOS has to be in the correct state. Usually a laptop already is though.

Does the windows10 install see the drive? one you partition it with the OS the bios should pick up the driver.

popatim

Titan

Lastly, the bios generally doesn't detect an NVME drive until after it can load the driver and your BIOS has to be in the correct state. Usually a laptop already is though.

Does the windows10 install see the drive? one you partition it with the OS the bios should pick up the driver.

Solution
Mar 18, 2020

Lenovo v310 15isk 80SY03E3IH

TRENDING THREADS