[SOLVED] Bios not installed, no virtual disk found

Feb 5, 2021
Got a brand new motherboard, everything turns on but i cannot get it to detect any harddrives. It wont detect my old harddrives or my new one that i just got today. Everything is connected correctly, all new sata cables that came with the new motherboard. Ive tried using different sata slots. Ive tried messing around in the bios everywhere and i cannot get my harddrives to detect.

PC specs:
CPU
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard
- ROG Strix B450-F
Ram
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb (2x8) DDR4
Graphics Card
- EVGA Geforce GTX 1650 Super
Power Supply
- EVGA BQ 500W 80+ Bronze Certified
Harddrives
  • Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500GB (New one i just bought)
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5'' 7200 RPM
  • Kingston a400 240GB 2.5'' SSD

Solution
I fixed the issue. The problem was the sata ports in my power supply were not functional. So my harddrives werent getting any power. Fortunately i had an extra power supply.
Feb 5, 2021
Check the motherboard support site QVL, Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) is not compatible (with almost any B450 board). Check with Corsair support for recommended settings or exchange. The CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 is though.
mine is CMK16GX4M2A2400C16, DDr4 16GB(2x8), 2400mz 16-16-16-39, 1.20V, ver 5.30
Also Yeah, ive been trying to install windows and each time it cant find a harddrive to download it on, and like i said ive put in a brand new, fresh, clean harddrive and that wouldnt even register. And my bios isnt detecting any of my harddrives either. So i basically cannot get into the computer. It just loads in windows and if i take the usb out to download windows, it just puts me straight to the bios and i cant really do anything.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021
Yes I have installed windows before. I tried just keeping one harddrive in. But I dont think my problem has anything to do with windows because not only does my harddrive not appear on windows but it doesn't appear in my bios either. I wouldn't think my issue has anything to do with windows installation.

Feb 5, 2021
I fixed the issue. The problem was the sata ports in my power supply were not functional. So my harddrives werent getting any power. Fortunately i had an extra power supply.

Solution