[SOLVED] BIOS not posting after sudden shutdown!!

Tarun2687

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Hello,

Below is my current build which i built few months back:

Ryzen 5 3600 using CM custom cooler
MSI B450m pro vdh plus
MSI ventus GTX1660ti 6 gb
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb DDR4 3000 Mhz ( 8x2)
Corsair TX650M
WD 120 GB SSD ( OS )
Samsung evo 512 GB
WD Blue 1 TB

Today morning I was playing game on my PC then suddenly display went black and PC beeped 3 times. At this moment CPU fans, and Chassis fans all were moving. GPU fan also moving. Ambient temp was around 19 degrees.

Then i restarted PC using reset button. No POST, only 3 beeps. EZ LED on mobo showing CPU and DRAM error.

Now as per AMI BIOS beep codes, 3 beeps are for memory error. So removed one of the slot and tried restarting the PC.

This time no post, no beeps( not even 3 beeps), no display, No error on MOBO.

After this I did below troubleshooting with the help of sticky thread here in forums:
  1. Checked working RAM module in all the slots, still no post.
  2. removed all the HDDs and chassis fans, just with CPU and RAM on mobo. No post
  3. Tried with old GPU ( GTX960 strix), still no post.
  4. Used old PSU ( gigabyte super 460W), still no post.
  5. Bust if I again insert faulty RAM stick, mobo shows DRAN and CPU error. looks like mobo is detecting CPU and RAM.
  6. Removed CMOS battery for 5 mins, still no POST
  7. Shorted JTAG1 jumper on mobo for 10 sec. No post.

looks like either mobo or rams. Any help?

Solution
If known working RAM modules do not revive the PC then (provided that I have correctly followed your troubleshooting) the CPU looks to be the culprit.

3 beeps indicating CPU or DRAM error.

Do you have another CPU to swap in?

You could get ready to do that while waiting for other ideas and suggestions regarding the problem.

No harm in that.

Ralston18

Titan
If known working RAM modules do not revive the PC then (provided that I have correctly followed your troubleshooting) the CPU looks to be the culprit.

You could get ready to do that while waiting for other ideas and suggestions regarding the problem.

No harm in that.

Solution

Tarun2687

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015

No harm in that.

Nope. I dont have AM4 compatible CPU. My previous CPU was AM3+ ( FX6300).