Jul 21, 2013
I have the following in it

1TB SSD
ROG STRUX X570-E motherboard
Geoforce rtx 3080
Amd ryzen 7 5800x
4 corsair vengeance ddr4
Pci express card

I brought everything over and put it in a new case, however it automatically boots straight to bios and won't recognize the 1TB SSD. I already have windows 10 and everything downloaded on my previous hard drive and installed, but it's not able to find it. Not sure what to do here.

Solution
I switched the case, which came with a new motherboard and i added the gpu. Brought everything else over. If i login to the new bios and go to the "ezmode" it shows all my computers information to include-

NVME- M.2_1 Samsung SSD 970 Evo

However, it says there is a drag option to add to the boot priority but wont let me grab it or anything.

To confirm the gpu and motherboard are new only.
Oh, a new motherboard as well. This is where the 'details' enter the picture.

This indicates a whole new OS install.
Yes, really.

In some rare instances, an existing OS will boot up when presented with a new motherboard.
Here, it seems not.

mgibson05

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2013
I switched the case, which came with a new motherboard and i added the gpu. Brought everything else over. If i login to the new bios and go to the "ezmode" it shows all my computers information to include-

However, it says there is a drag option to add to the boot priority but wont let me grab it or anything.

USAFRet

Titan

Oh, a new motherboard as well. This is where the 'details' enter the picture.

This indicates a whole new OS install.
Yes, really.

In some rare instances, an existing OS will boot up when presented with a new motherboard.
Here, it seems not.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution

TRENDING THREADS