BIOS not recognizing SSD as bootable after "Overclock Failure" [SOLVED]

steffeeh

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
Earlier today I experimented with overclocking my Asus Geforce GTX 970 STRIX.
I kept it within the usual safe parameters of successfull overclocking, and I received no white glitches and the temperature stayed at around 65 degrees C without any problem, eveything simply went smooth.
Suddenly everything froze, and I couldn't get it back even after a few minutes, so I decided to do the killswitch and shut down the computer by holding down the standby button.

Then I started it again, and I received the "Overclocking Failed" - no problem I told myself, it will just go back to the factory settings and I'll have to re-do the clocking and do it a bit smoother - but all of sudden I end up in BIOS, because suddenly BIOS doesn't recognize my SSD as a bootable unit, which contains the OS.
See, I have an SSD where I have Windows 10 and all programs installed, and then an SSHD for storage. In the booting priority-list, as well as in the list of boot devices in EZmode I can now only see my SSHD and my DVD-unit - no SSD, meaning no Windows.
After a long while of struggling a bunch, I finally found my SSD further down on the Boot-tab in BIOS at the Advanced Section, in the Override-list.
I double click it and voila I'm back in Windows and can use my computer again (I'm writing this from this very computer), but at this stage I always have to go through BIOS and use the Override function whenever I boot or reboot my computer - and things shouldn't be this way of course, it's really annoying.

All of sudden BIOS doesn't want to recognize my SSD as a standard bootable device, but still keeps it in the Override-list, so it sees it, but strangely doesn't work as before...
The SSD itself is only roughly 2 weeks old and at good health, and worked perfectly before my overclocking test, so there's nothing wrong with the unit itself. Browsing in Windows 10, everything is just like before - but I can't boot into it like before.

How do I fix this?

Solution
SOLVED: The "Harddrive BBS Priorities" had been swapped in the BIOS boot settings so my SSHD was priority #1 and not my SSD. Changing back to my SSD solved it.