Question BIOS not working after RAM change ?

Jan 9, 2021
My son recently upgraded his build, replacing RAM of 1 x 8gb 2400Mhz with 2x 8gb 3200Mhz. After installing the new RAM the system was working although 8gb was showing as 'hardware reserved'. Today in an attempt to resolve this we tried reinserting the new RAM. Now the PC doesn't boot up at all. There is still power to the fans, LEDs, CPU fan, GPU LED/fans but BIOS is not starting and there are no beeps. I did not disconnect the power cable when reinserting the RAM, which I appreciate was probably the wrong thing to do. We've tried reinserting the RAM and reinstalling the old RAM (this time with the PC unplugged), but always the same result. I am wondering if I have damaged the motherboard. Any ideas?

The system:
CPU: AMD Ryzen5 2600
Motherboard: Asrock B4505M HDV
Ram: 2x8gb 3200Mhx Corsair Vengeance LPX (previously 1x8gb 2400Mhz same brand)
SSD/HDD: Kingston 128gb / WD 1TB
GPU: MSI Gaming X AMD Radeon RX570 GPU GDDR5 Twin Frozr VI LED Lighting PCIE Graphics
PSU: Be Quiet 500v
Case: Gamemax Sabre

installing ram while system is on is not a good thing to try but we can see if anything can reset what you have done try removing the watch battery from the motherboard for 30mins say and re-install it with power disconnected all the time see if any boot look up resetting bios in motherboard manual.

Jan 9, 2021
installing ram while system is on is not a good thing to try but we can see if anything can reset what you have done try removing the watch battery from the motherboard for 30mins say and re-install it with power disconnected all the time see if any boot look up resetting bios in motherboard manual.

Thanks, I tried removing the battery and resetting BIOS by shorting the jumper as per the manual, but neither method has changed anything.

One bit of additional info, in case it helps: the USB ports still have power, as a desk fan and external LED lights come on, although the USB keyboard and mouse do not light up like they usually do.