BIOS OC settings only apply after flashing BIOS, and after next boot are no longer applied.

Jan 16, 2019
I've never been one to post to forums asking for help, but this has just got me so frustrated.

When I first attempted to overclock my CPU, the settings would save in the BIOS but would not actually apply to the system. Through some googling, I found that I should flash the BIOS to its latest version, which I did. Upon doing so, my problem was fixed and I managed to get my i5 to 4.5GHz. However, when I booted my PC up the next day I found that the problem was back, and once again flashed the BIOS to get it working again. As you can guess, it stopped working at the next boot...

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
MOBO: MSI Z87 M POWER
CPU: i5-4690k @ 3.50 GHz
RAM: 16GB 1666MHz
GPU: ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970

Jan 16, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from duarte.cernadas : "BIOS OC settings only apply after flashing BIOS, and after next boot are no longer applied."

I've never been one to post to forums asking for help, but this has just got me so frustrated.

When I first attempted to overclock my CPU, the settings would save in the BIOS but would not actually apply to the system. Through some googling, I found that I should flash the BIOS to its latest version, which I did. Upon doing so, my problem was fixed and I managed to get my i5 to 4.5GHz. However, when I booted my PC up the next day I found that the problem was back, and once again flashed the BIOS to get it working again. As you can guess, it stopped working at the next boot...

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
MOBO: MSI Z87 M POWER
CPU: i5-4690k @ 3.50 GHz
RAM: 16GB 1666MHz
GPU: ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 970

TRENDING THREADS