[SOLVED] BIOS on Dell Optiplex 390 does not see PCIe SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimO3

Prominent
Jul 7, 2019
Boot to BIOS Settings and select UEFI option in Boot Order. Nothing shows available for selection. When try to add device, get message "File System not found". Yet, boot from Legacy and can access PCIe SSD fine. Have done clean install of OS and restore from image, with same issue. PCIe is Toshiba KXG50PNV2T04 PCIe Gen 3.0 X4 running as 1.6TB in a x4 PCIe adapter in an x8 PCIe Gen 2.0 slot. [I have been told the difference in PCIe generations will work fine, just run max at Gen 2 speed] Win 10 Pro installed on both PCIe SSD and Seagate ST3000524AS ATA disk. [Originally I planned to use SSD as boot device and Seagate Disk as Archive] Bios was upgraded to Dell A14, from A04, but no improvement. All else is upgraded to most recent [at least by Dell Support Assistant scan], basically a Stock Dell. Only exception is Memory where I upgraded to Max [8 gig of DDR3 Dual Channel 9-9-9-24 PC3-10700 (667 mHz) split across 2 slots] Power is standard 256 Watts.

Solution
Did you perform a clean reinstall Windows with the BIOS set for UEFI mode? If not then there's the problem. In addition, unless your PCIe adapter supports booting you will never get it to work.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS