Question Bios on loop after changing motherboard and processor (B550 Gaming Plus)

Dec 1, 2021
Hey everyone, i have a problem with booting into windows after changing my motherboard and processor. My new motherboard is a b550 gaming plus and ryzen 9 5900X. The first time i started it i got onto a screen that gave me two options, the options were something like: F1 Go into bios and F2 was something like ''start as usual''. I thought i pressed F2 but i accidentally pressed F1 so i went into bios. After exiting the bios my pc restarted and went straight into bios again. It's been stuck on this bios loop ever since. I have my windows on a m.2 drive that i can see in the bios but when i try to choose a bootable drive i cannot choose it. I had the m.2 drive in my processor working as it should just a couple of hours before. I tried resetting bios to default but with no success. I'm thinking i need to plug in a bootable usb stick with a windows 10 iso on it next. If i do that should i be able to do a ''Windows repair'' or will it wipe my current drive (the m.2 one) and install a fresh windows 10 on it? I'd rather not delete all of my files so if that's possible i'd like to try anything before that. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you guys. Also i'll add i have my old 1070ti in the system, i bought a new 3080ti but i have yet to open it or install it in the pc.

EDIT:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2 X 16GB I do not remember the Mhz
SSD/HDD: Corsair Force MP400 1TB
GPU: GTX 1070Ti
PSU: I do not remember, it's a 750W
Chassis: NZXT H440

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you replaced the motherboard with one that is not the same as your previous motherboard, then you're going to be in need of reinstalling the OS. As for your builld please parse the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your OS installer, you can fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Dec 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you replaced the motherboard with one that is not the same as your previous motherboard, then you're going to be in need of reinstalling the OS. As for your builld please parse the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your OS installer, you can fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.
Thank you for the response, its very appreciated. I edited in the specifications as you mentioned above in my original post.
Do i really need to install a fresh install of windows 10 when i change motherboard? Can i just not repair it or something without wiping all the data? Like i mentioned in my original post, if i put in a bootable windows usb drive and instead of installing a new windows just go into the ''troubleshoot'' and repair the windows on the drive instead of reinstalling windows would that be possible? Or maybe go into the ''safe mode'' and troubleshoot it as i mentioned, although i havent gotten into the safe mode yet. Thank you.

EDIT: My windows is not activated if that makes any difference. I was planning on activating it after i had gotten the pc up and running after changing the motherboard and processor.

Last edited: