Bios on Secondary Monitor

madd dogg207

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I've just recently bought an EVGA 970 SSC & although it was a little weird at the beginning with my monitors; it's mostly good now.

The only problem I have is that my secondary monitor [some old small dell monitor ( through VGA to DVI)] boots with the bios on it. Originally with the onboard intel graphics my main monitor [Asus VX248H (through HDMI] had the bios load on it. It's not a real issue, but bugs the hell out of me that "Starting Windows" loads on an empty screen then I have to wake my main display to find all my icons and stuff.

Any ideas?

Solution
The BIOS screen usually shows up on whatever screen is connected to a higher priority port on the graphics card. I don't know of any way of changing that without connecting your main display to the higher priority port, which might require adapters.

Epsilon_0EVP

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
The BIOS screen usually shows up on whatever screen is connected to a higher priority port on the graphics card. I don't know of any way of changing that without connecting your main display to the higher priority port, which might require adapters.

Solution

madd dogg207

Honorable
May 20, 2012

Dang :/ The older monitor is my only problem. I would have to get a VGA to HDMI adapter and an HDMI to DVI for the main monitor. Sucks, but I guess I'll get over it.

madd dogg207

Honorable
May 20, 2012

That's not what I meant but thank you. My second monitor was just an old one I found, and I use it for very minimal things. If I get another matching Asus monitor I'll be sure to change which is my main. :p