[SOLVED] BIOS on the other monitor.

Feb 7, 2019
I have an ASYS P8Z68-V Mobo, and I have always had the problem of the BIOS being displayed on the wrong monitor. It wouldn't mater except that the monitor that the BIOS shows up on is turned sideways for my setup, so I have to turn my head sideways to interact with the BIOS. I've tried various BIOS settings. Mainly the Advanced agent-Primary monitor. The iGPU setting causes the BIOS to not be seen at all, yet the PC boots into Windows. I had to do a CMOS clear to get the BIOS back. There's a PCIX setting that causes the BIOS to go away for a short time during reboot, but then the same sideways BIOS comes up. When I go back into BIOS setup, the setting has reverted back to AUTO. I tried the third setting PCI, and it seems to do nothing, and the BIOS is still sideways. Once Windows comes up, everything is OK.

Solution
it appears to be something to do with how the GPU prioritizes the displays prior to Windows loading

my guess the only thing you can do is swap monitor cables in GPU display ports. You'll be able able to reconfigure them in Windows
it appears to be something to do with how the GPU prioritizes the displays prior to Windows loading

my guess the only thing you can do is swap monitor cables in GPU display ports. You'll be able able to reconfigure them in Windows

Solution

TRENDING THREADS