BIOS/ overclock help

Arnold Barat

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
My PC has been a bit slow recently despite doing the usual Windows related procedures to clean it up a little in order to make it more snappy, so now I would like to overclock my FX-9370 and maximise the performance using the Advances CPU Core Features in the BIOS.

The CPU was running at 4.4 for a while now, but I've decided to up it to 4.6 in hope of making things a bit faster and improving FPS in gaming, currently struggling to get 40+ on Watch Dogs. YES, I am aware of it being poorly optimised for PC, and this isn't a priority, but when I start the game FPS maintains between 45-55, then steadily drops to 35-45, which as I'm sure you all know isn't adequate for driving. For the record, I'm using an XFX 7990.

First of all I'd like to know an appropriate Voltage for my CPU at 4.6, as I've been warned 1.54 is a bit high. Furthermore I need some advice on what I should Disable in the Advanced CPU Core Features.

Features listed:

CPU Performance Boost

CPU Unlock

Cool & Quiet

C1E Support

SVM

CPU Core Control

Core C6 State

HPC Mode

APM

Thanks for taking some time out of your busy lives and reading this

Peace XD

The first thing you need to do, before any of that other stuff, is determine if you have a cpu cooler capable of keeping your cpu within thermal limits at that speed. What are your hardware specs (Motherboard model, CPU, RAM, CPU cooler, Case fan configuration, etc.)