BIOS Overclocking Troubles`

Oct 10, 2018
Rig:

CPU: i7-5820k
CPU cooler: Corsair H60i
GPU: GTX 1080
MOBO: MSI-X99A Raider
RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance

My question really isn't about HOW to overclock. It's specifically with my mobo's BIOS. I can't quite figure out how to up the clock speed thru this BIOS.. any tips?

Also, side question #2. Is my 5820k bottlenecking my 1080? I'm considering making a switch to a 2080/2080ti but I'm not sure if this cpu can handle it. Thanks.

Solution
must be nice to have money to just blow on useless upgrades.
(sorry, that's just me venting about how people talk about upgrading to the 20 series from the 10 series like it's a good upgrade that's worth all the extra money you have to spend on it. You do you bro.)

As for the CPU, no it's not bottlenecking your 1080. Especially if you overclock it.
Which brings us to this part here:

you should be running at least click bios 5 on that motherboard. Inside the bios on the left you'll see a panel of options like CPU and whatnot and above that it should say EZ mode. This is the default look of your BIOS. But at the top you can see it says "advanced (F7)" you can probably click on this but easier is to just press F7 on your keyboard. from...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
must be nice to have money to just blow on useless upgrades.
(sorry, that's just me venting about how people talk about upgrading to the 20 series from the 10 series like it's a good upgrade that's worth all the extra money you have to spend on it. You do you bro.)

As for the CPU, no it's not bottlenecking your 1080. Especially if you overclock it.
Which brings us to this part here:

you should be running at least click bios 5 on that motherboard. Inside the bios on the left you'll see a panel of options like CPU and whatnot and above that it should say EZ mode. This is the default look of your BIOS. But at the top you can see it says "advanced (F7)" you can probably click on this but easier is to just press F7 on your keyboard. from here you can now find the CPU section and enable overclocking via changing the multiplier.

From here follow the standard procedure as you would on any BIOS by syncing cores, bumping multiplier, adjusting voltage and load line blah blah blah.

Solution