Question BIOS password removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2020
So I bought a motherboard and APU from a friend who previously had an internet cafe, the motherboard has a BIOS password and he has no idea what it is since he had a technician before. The problem is, even if i plug a bootable hard drive to it, it still prompts for the BIOS password, basically it can't be used. I have tried removing the battery for a day, jumped the clear cmos overnight, for both of these processes the power supply has not been connected to the motherboard, shorted pins 1 and 6 on the bios chip while turning the system on. I want to use this as an htpc since its an APU. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 and it's a REV 3.0 board. APU is a A6-6400 series,have no idea what specifically it is since i can't get to the BIOS. Anyone got ideas on how to remove this? Im thinking my last resort would be de-soldering the main bios chip and backup bios chip and swap their positions, check if that would work since I know how and have the equipment to do that but I'm not sure if that would work or just kill the motherboard.

anort3

Titan
We will not help you bypass any passwords, lock codes, pin numbers, swipe patterns, or any other kind of account/ownership verification on your devices. We have absolutely no way to verify ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS