[SOLVED] BIOS popping up sometimes but not every time. New Build.

Sep 11, 2020
Hello all,

I just got done building my PC. Parts list:
ASUS TUF Z390 w Wifi
Intel i5 9600
MSI GTX 1660 Ti
WD M.2 SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD

The worst part is, it's sending a signal to the monitor. The power on light is on the monitor so a display signal is being sent to the monitor but no BIOS is showing up. Everything is lit up and spinning. Fans will start off at full speed and then come down to the speed set by the motherboard so the motherboard seems to work. Any ideas on why this is happening? I've tried both HDMI ports on my GPU and my mobo, also unplugged every port and plugged it back in. Probably going to completely rebuild and do it again. Thank you in advance for your help and comments!

Update: So I unplugged the GPU from the second slot and put it back in the first one from when the BIOS first came up. But I turned it off once again to see if the problem was solved and it doesn't give me the bios again

Solution
Hello all,

ASUS TUF Z390 w Wifi
Intel i5 9600
MSI GTX 1660 Ti
WD M.2 SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD

The worst part is, it's sending a signal to the monitor. The power on light is on the monitor so a display signal is being sent to the monitor but no BIOS is showing up. Everything is lit up and spinning. Fans will start off at full speed and then come down to the speed set by the motherboard so the motherboard seems to work. Any ideas on why this is happening? I've tried both HDMI ports on my GPU and my mobo, also unplugged every port and plugged it back in. Probably going to completely rebuild and do it again. Thank you in advance for your help and comments!

Update: So I unplugged the GPU from the...

anvoice

Honorable
Jan 12, 2018
Hello all,

ASUS TUF Z390 w Wifi
Intel i5 9600
MSI GTX 1660 Ti
WD M.2 SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD

Update: So I unplugged the GPU from the second slot and put it back in the first one from when the BIOS first came up. But I turned it off once again to see if the problem was solved and it doesn't give me the bios again

A good idea is to test by benching your motherboard. That is, remove all devices except PSU, CPU and RAM, and see if it will get to BIOS. If so (you could try shutting down/restarting a few times to make sure everything is consistently working), add additional devices until you start getting the issue again. That would help narrow down the problematic component.

Solution
Sep 11, 2020
A good idea is to test by benching your motherboard. That is, remove all devices except PSU, CPU and RAM, and see if it will get to BIOS. If so (you could try shutting down/restarting a few times to make sure everything is consistently working), add additional devices until you start getting the issue again. That would help narrow down the problematic component.
Okay I will try that and update this thread! Thank you for the response! :)