bios problem f2

automatik

Reputable
May 6, 2014
hi
my girlfriend buy laptop for 3-4 years. It was win professional instaled and now we have instaled win7 ultimate 64bit. After instalation we have no acces into bios. By pressing "f2" key its just restarting again. By pressing "ins" key its comming message with supervisor password. We never set supervisor password. HW setup not working to(need pw also).
Help us please.
Toshiba Portege R-700
Thank you

Solution
Attempt number three then ;)
We could update the BIOS but since you cant get into the BIOS we cant do that :(
Looks like the BIOS has activated "Fast boot" its where it disables post and doesn't allow you into it by pressing f2 and other hotkeys...
Ill do a bit of research for you and get back to you soon ;)

automatik

Reputable
May 6, 2014
hi
thank you for replay Hjgrove
il alredy removed the hard drive from laptop and the almoust same results. Laptop starts, this time show "intel boot agent .... "message. And wen i push f2 laptop starts again. I put boot dvd win7 into opticl drive and starting again. Its going to read dvd but after time prompt a messeage "no hard drive detected". (some logic behind :),

Hjgrove

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Looks like your going to need to remove the CMOS battery (Contains all the BIOS configurations)
Its a silver battery in the shape of a circle.
Take the back cover off and look for it (Should be on the motherboard/mainboard)

automatik

Reputable
May 6, 2014

Hjgrove

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Attempt number three then ;)
We could update the BIOS but since you cant get into the BIOS we cant do that :(
Looks like the BIOS has activated "Fast boot" its where it disables post and doesn't allow you into it by pressing f2 and other hotkeys...
Ill do a bit of research for you and get back to you soon ;)

Solution