[SOLVED] Bios reads 1/2 total ram and full ram per channel slot

Blakenstein

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
AMD A67400k 2core CPU / APU on ASUS A88XM+ board . MY bios and Windows comp properties always read, total 32 gigs of ram .
CPU was overheating .. I removed it ..was stuck to heat sink and came out with the heatsink ..during cleaning operation . Because of trouble , I discovered bent pin . I straightened pin and reinstalled . On startup, Computer said "" New CPU "",, "" run setup "" on boot up, windows repair showed up and then windows started without restore.
Now my BIOs reads : 16 gigs total ram ,, 8 gigs channel A DIMM slot 1
8 gigs channel A slot 2
8gigs channel B slot 1
8 gigs channel B slot 2
Before this happened , it always read 32 gigs total along with the slots but now it only reads 16 total but still 32 in the slots. Help !! ??

Solution
reset the BIOS by jumper

reseat all RAM modules (unplug and replug)

check the APU´s pins again

get a used APU/CPU for your socket FM2+
if you need a GPU, get something like the A8 7600
if you have a dedicated GPU, get something like a Athlon X4 860K

Blakenstein

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
reset the BIOS by jumper

reseat all RAM modules (unplug and replug)

check the APU´s pins again

get a used APU/CPU for your socket FM2+
if you need a GPU, get something like the A8 7600
if you have a dedicated GPU, get something like a Athlon X4 860K
Thank YOU muchly for quick reply and help !! I don't know what jumper means , I downloaded update , but My comp is workin and I don't feel ready to use the easy flash . But I will take out the sticks , and one by one , between each install, ill run it to the bios. and Ill see what it says .
anyway, my comp was blue screening , black screening , and even the old fzzzzzzzt and lock up , and it got worse and worse .
Now it is running fast and smooth ,, no problems cept for the ram read out.
The heat sink was completely clogged up very bad ,...I will try to get a new cpu . max heat limit for the cpu/apu is 70 C
and the temp read 72 and climbing . Now after cleaning , its only around 50 C so ya im sure I have been overheating the cpu for a long time now , and im sure that it is at least half trashed. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP pssst...... if I had not ,, a watchmakers loupe , and precision screw drivers that are even tinier than my regular precision screw drivers ,,, HA !! I would not even be typing this right now . Now I can at least look up some AMDs lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: helpstar

TRENDING THREADS