Question Bios reports +12v is 18v

Absolute.Red

Commendable
Jun 17, 2020
I have this gigabyte ga-b75-d3h rev1.2 board that is having issues with its power rails. Or so i think.
Been using this board for over 5 years now.
Fully updatd bios.
So the problem is, in the health section of the bios it shows that i have +12v as 18v constantly with no fluctuations whatsoever. And cpu is 2.4v with no fluctuations and ram is 3.6v with some fluctuations.
But the pc works fine. I can play games, stress cpu and there is no issue.
Hwinfo64 shows cpu vcore is getting max 1.2v when stressed and all rams are getting 1.5v
PCH shows 96degrees celcius constantly.
System temp is 9-13degrees.
Cpu, gpu temps are 40-70degrees.
I checked the psu with no issues. Used the same psu on a different motherboard and it was fine with bios showing correct info.
I checked the atx power connector while stressing the gygabyte board by running a game benchmark in the background and the voltage was 11.65v.

I have no clue what's going on. Is it just a sensor gone bad or something serious.
Btw a mosfet on my 1050ti burnt on that board a month ago. Now i am thinking maybe this 12v thing was the culprit.
Please help.

Last edited:

Absolute.Red

Commendable
Jun 17, 2020
Fully updates bios.
Version for your motherboard BIOS at the moment?

Make and model of your PSU and it's age?
bought a new APC UPS the other day and after i used that to power my pc, the rails are showing proper voltages now.

Is it possible that somehow the UPS has smoothed out the bad electrical signal or something?

Please reply.