BIOS reset every other day!

OutbreakPc

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
It doesn't bother me to much but it wouldn't hurt to try to fix either! My motherboard resets its BIOS settings every alternating day. Sometimes Windows would load up and the computer will be set up to the current date. But next day, it tells me that the BIOS had something that failed and I have to set up my BIOS (I don't touch much in it anyways). This has been happening for a full 3 months now after I changed my cooler. I checked if the battery was faulty but it's totally fine. If there is a way to fix this, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
I test different batteries so there is no way it can be the battery.

Solution
If it's not the battery then there's something funky with the motherboard itself. The bios relies on the battery when system power is shut down, in between boots. If the bios is reverting back to defaults repeatedly it means it's losing power somehow. Either fault with the battery, fault with the circuit, fault with the battery connections, something. The 'something' is motherboard related if it's 100% surely not the battery itself.

OutbreakPc

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015

I should probably add that I tested batteries on the motherboard, the battery shouldn't be an issue.

If it's not the battery then there's something funky with the motherboard itself. The bios relies on the battery when system power is shut down, in between boots. If the bios is reverting back to defaults repeatedly it means it's losing power somehow. Either fault with the battery, fault with the circuit, fault with the battery connections, something. The 'something' is motherboard related if it's 100% surely not the battery itself.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS