Question bios says 16gb, windows says 12gb

trixxee

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
So bios and cpu-z say that i have 16gb of ram and control panel and windows say that i have 12gb of ram, slot 3 and 4 of ram slot also dont work to make them work i had for some reason go to bios and disable DRAMM slot 3 and 4 and if i dont do that the pc wont load up with 3 sticks of ram i have 4x2 gb and 1 stick of 8gb both hyperx fury ddr4 my motherboard is also asus pro b250

many systems with mismatched RAM modules will not work correctly. some types are not compatible and some systems just cannot read different combinations together. you can either get some sticks not working, errors or problems within Windows and other applications, or total system failure.

it is always recommended to only use memory that come packaged together in a single set.

how many DIMM slots does the board have? you have 5 modules listed; 4x 2GB & 1x 8GB.

what are the rest of your system specs?

most modern chipsets and CPUs will function better with dual-channel memory than single-channel.
having the single 8GB stick installed would force all 3 to function in single-channel mode.
you may get better results having only the 2x 4GB set installed. check your motherboard manual, but they should probably be installed in DIMM2 and DIMM4 for proper dual-channel functionality.

trixxee

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
gtx 1050 Ti 4gb, intel pentium g4560, i bought 8gb of ram just to play cod warzone since it needs atleast 12gb of ram, i saw that i have outdated asus b250 pro drivers and i might update the drivers but i doubt that will work

trixxee

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
i find it really weird also that the ram slot 3 and 4 dont work and even in the beginning when i built this pc they the 2 4gb sticks worked on slot 1 and 2