Question BIOS says CPU temp is 6553.1 C

Lucas G

Prominent
Dec 20, 2021
Recently I bought a used PC for a gift for someone. Everything seems fine except some bios issues I'm guessing. One of my problems was that the PC fans and CPU fans didn't turn off after i hit shutdown on windows. So I checked the bios to see if I could find something and I'm welcomed with

CPU temp: 6553.1 Cº (not a typo)
M/B temperature: -1.0 Cº (not a typo)
CPU Fan Speed: 65535 RPM (not a typo)

My move will be to update the bios but wanted to hear some feedback on this issue cause it's a crazy thing I've never seen before

Motherboard: ASRock B450M HDV
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU: GTX 1660 Super 6gb
PSU: EVGA BR500W

Lucas G

Prominent
Dec 20, 2021
Bad Bios, bad board, your pc is an alcoholic.. Who knows.

My money is on the latter but moving along.
If your MB has a flashback for BIOS do it without the CPU or RAM installed.
Why do it without the cpu and ram? And if it doesn't have a flashback should i still update it? (cause I'm almost sure it doesn't support Flashback)

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Why do it without the cpu and ram? And if it doesn't have a flashback should i still update it? (cause I'm almost sure it doesn't support Flashback)

A bit of a gamble. One hand MB is wonky and who knows what else is wrong, on the other a flash could kill it.

Have no advice other than if you decide to flash it and it bricks, buy a motherboard with flashback.

Lucas G

Prominent
Dec 20, 2021
A bit of a gamble. One hand MB is wonky and who knows what else is wrong, on the other a flash could kill it.

Have no advice other than if you decide to flash it and it bricks, buy a motherboard with flashback.
I updated the BIOS and nothing. I have checked HWinfo and interestingly enough the sensors seem fine there. That's weird