BIOS screen blank with new GTX 660

Trencherman

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Hi,

I just installed a new Gigabyte GTX 660 video card, and I can't see the BIOS screen when it is installed. When I power on, I see the Gigabyte motherboard splash screen, and hit DEL To enter BIOS, which is when the screen goes blank. The activity link on my monitor stays green - so it is still getting a signal, but it is just a blank screen.

If I pull the card out and connect my monitor to the onboard VGA graphics, the BIOS screen displays fine. The onboard graphics do not work with the card installed, however.

I can boot into Windows and play games great with the video card - I don't think it is faulty.

The only problem seems to be viewing the BIOS screen using the new video card. Anybody got any ideas?

Monitor: HW191D
Mobo: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Video: Gigabyte GTX 660

I don't have another display to test it with, but since the display shows the BIOS when using onboard VGA, I dont think that is the problem either.

I'm stumped.

Trencherman

Honorable
May 10, 2013
I suppose I can use the computer like this - but it's going to be a pain to have to open it up and pull out the video card every time I want to get into BIOS.

I've updated BIOS firmware and video card drivers to latest versions also, btw.

TRENDING THREADS