[SOLVED] Bios screen doesn’t show on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaun88

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2012
I’ve connected my laptop to my tv so my tv is my display, it works perfect apart from on boot up, the bios screen doesn’t show up on my tv, it just stays black until the log in screen appears, is there a way to get the bios screen showing on my tv rather than having to use the laptop screen to access bios?
Many thanks

Solution
IMO, probably not.

You could, of course, attempt to hit the boot to BIOS command and see if it will display afterward.

My uneducated guess would be that the tv is a different resolution than is native on the laptop?

When you first boot your system display and very basic functions are running on a base set of instructions, I guess you could call them drivers but certainly not refined to a degree for performance. Most likely your laptop is utilizing a driver to get an image to the tv that is not available until you load in OS.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
IMO, probably not.

You could, of course, attempt to hit the boot to BIOS command and see if it will display afterward.

My uneducated guess would be that the tv is a different resolution than is native on the laptop?

When you first boot your system display and very basic functions are running on a base set of instructions, I guess you could call them drivers but certainly not refined to a degree for performance. Most likely your laptop is utilizing a driver to get an image to the tv that is not available until you load in OS.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.