Bios sees hard drive, but Windows 7 installation does not

jayfurrie

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Hello,

I'm using a custom built computer, the hard drive is a sata2 WD 1tb hard drive, and the motherboard is an Asus sabertooth x58, with an i7 920.

My problem is, the windows 7 installer i'm using cannot see the hard drive altho the bios can. I've tried loading the intel *****10R driver for the SATA 2 ports, and also the marvell driver for the SATA 3 ports and Ive switched the hard drive from SATA 2 to SATA 3 and back again to no avail. I've also tried changing the sata config in the bios from ide to ahci, also to no avail.

Help please =[

If I understand correctly, you boot from a USB drive to install Windows 7 on the hard drive. Did you follow this guide? http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

Does installing from a DVD work or do you run into the same issue?

jayfurrie

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
jayfurrie here after a while, i stumbled on this and wanted to share what ended up happening in case someone else has this same issue..
it turned out to be the iso image, something didn't allow it to see the hd (even though I specifically loaded the right drivers).

i burned another iso i found off thepiratebay, and voila it worked.

Latest posts