[SOLVED] BIOS show CPU is 126 C and Motherboard is 0 C

Aug 29, 2019
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone! :)

I just build my very first high-end gaming pc, everything is installed correctly. But when I go to BIOS setup, it shows my CPU is 126 C immediately! :eek: and my motherboard is zero degree? 😨 Also all my fans are spinning but in BIOS, it shows all my fans are zero mph.....

I have a i9-9900k CPU with a Corsair H100i liquid cooler installed. I applied a fair amount of thermal paste, I also installed a 0.1 mm thermal pad between my CPU and the liquid cooler. But when I physically put my fingers on the cooler and CPU, they feel warm but not hot as 126C...

I'm feeling helpless right now... Here's a screenshot of my BIOS screen: View: https://imgur.com/N3hSiOp

Solution
I'm honestly still wondering if he used the wrong cooler mounting stand-offs, because that cooler comes with 3 different sets for different socket types.
Aug 29, 2019
www.youtube.com
Definitely not way too much... funny thing is if I don't use thermal pad my cooler will fall from the motherboard...............

However I tried to remove thermal pad only use thermal paste and cooler before, but it won't make a difference.

Artur_Mustafin

Commendable
Jul 5, 2017
Hello everyone! :)

I just build my very first high-end gaming pc, everything is installed correctly. But when I go to BIOS setup, it shows my CPU is 126 C immediately! :eek: and my motherboard is zero degree? 😨 Also all my fans are spinning but in BIOS, it shows all my fans are zero mph.....

I have a i9-9900k CPU with a Corsair H100i liquid cooler installed. I applied a fair amount of thermal paste, I also installed a 0.1 mm thermal pad between my CPU and the liquid cooler. But when I physically put my fingers on the cooler and CPU, they feel warm but not hot as 126C...

I'm feeling helpless right now... Here's a screenshot of my BIOS screen: View: https://imgur.com/N3hSiOp
  1. remove thermal pad completely, clean from thermalpaste, both CPU and cooler contact surface, and add new thermal paste, but not all 5 or 25G, but just as much as one big rain drop, 0.25G, and use plastic card to make a very thin layer of paste, 0.50±0.25 mm on all CPU contact metal box, 100% covered, then it will works as it meant to be, after hardenenig fix clips for CPU in socket motherboard
  2. reset all BIOS settings to optimized defaults, then install every M/B BIOS update from manufacturer site, since the date being purchased up to date, then reboot and look agan.
  3. Also, you may need to update chipset/vga/pci drivers to latest one corresponding to your system, form M/B site.
  4. Also, update all monitoring software to the latest versions

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019
www.youtube.com
  1. remove thermal pad completely, clean from thermalpaste, both CPU and cooler contact surface, and add new thermal paste, but not all 5 or 25G, but just as much as one big rain drop, 0.25G, and use plastic card to make a very thin layer of paste, 0.50±0.25 mm on all CPU contact metal box, 100% covered, then it will works as it meant to be, after hardenenig fix clips for CPU in socket motherboard
  2. reset all BIOS settings to optimized defaults, then install every M/B BIOS update from manufacturer site, since the date being purchased up to date, then reboot and look agan.
  3. Also, you may need to update chipset/vga/pci drivers to latest one corresponding to your system, form M/B site.
  4. Also, update all monitoring software to the latest versions
Ok so.... thanks for the detailed instructions but...
The main problem here is my motherboard is faulty. It won't update anything and giving all false temperatures.