Question BIOS showing normal RAM speed but task manager doesn't

Jun 7, 2019
I got my pc for 4 months now and had no issues with it until yesterday. It started by crashing any game on it, then bsod. The error code was something like kernel and i tried reinstalling the windows. No problem until played the first game.After about 15 seconds it crashes everytime i play(in menu it doesn't crash that fast). Then i saw on msi afterburner ram running only at 1500 mhz instead of 3000. The BIOS is showing 3000 mhz and cpu-z 1497 , that is normal too. But thy does it keeps crashing and bsod?
Now my question is if there is something to do about this. I tried using only one stick of ram in both slots , no result.
My System:
ASRock AB350M-HDV R3.0
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 (2x4 kit)

Jun 7, 2019
I know about double data rate, but until now both task manager and msi afterburner showed before 3000 mhz
About the psu it's a fsp hexa plus 550W
Anyway, do you know why my pc gets bsod?

albertkay818

Prominent
May 14, 2018
I had the same problem. My ram would always run at 3200mhz in the task manager until I noticed a few days ago its running half that speed at 1600mhz.. I did some research turns out it was a new windows 10 update which now it displays each ram speed individually but you are still getting your full load.. I would run some benchmarks to make sure.. However, im not sure why you keep crashing. try resetting your bios or CMOs

TRENDING THREADS