[SOLVED] BIOS shows black screen with cursor; windows 10 works fine.

Apr 21, 2020
Hi!

I am trying to enable virtualization on my PC, so i have to enable it in BIOS. I can’t seem to get into my BIOS though. When i press the right key during POST, i end up on a black screen with a green cursor (which is typical for the ASUS BIOS utility for my motherboard). My monitor is connected via display port. I have tried a different monitor (DVI), i tried a different keyboard and even removed my graphics card to try it using the onboard GPU, same exact results! Windows 10 boots up just fine, i did upgrade to pro recently. Please help!!!
My specs are:
Mobo: P8Z77-V LE PLUS
Graphics card: GTX 970
Monitor: ASUS MG279

Solution
FIXED IT!!!! In an act of complete desperation i put the CAP file for my current BIOS version on a USB stick and tried flashbacking it and now it works! Thanks for all the input guys!
Apr 21, 2020
And are you saying this problem happens when you are using the graphics card , but also when you use the onboard graphics, both?
I have tried the onboard graphics card before yes. Current situation after clearing the CMOS: i can now enter the simple ASUS BIOS menu. The moment i want to switch to advanced mode, where you can actually change stuff, i have the same result as i did at the start. Black screen with a green cursor on it.

I have tried the onboard graphics card before yes. Current situation after clearing the CMOS: i can now enter the simple ASUS BIOS menu. The moment i want to switch to advanced mode, where you can actually change stuff, i have the same result as i did at the start. Black screen with a green cursor on it.
This post sounds similar to yours. The problem could be your monitor resolution.

Apr 21, 2020
I have tried
This post sounds similar to yours. The problem could be your monitor resolution.

I have tried another monitor, an older one, connected by DVI. Still same result. It would be kind of weird that it would show the first "EZ mode" BIOS screen but not the advanced one.

Apr 21, 2020
FIXED IT!!!! In an act of complete desperation i put the CAP file for my current BIOS version on a USB stick and tried flashbacking it and now it works! Thanks for all the input guys!

Solution