Question BIOS shows me a picture of a power supply?

Aug 4, 2021
So I have recently been having problems with my GPU cooling and went into the BIOS to change the fan curves. When I tried to exit the BIOS after changing my fan curves it showed me this picture.

I'm assuming it's showing me something about the power supply but I'm not sure what it's implying. Is it asking me to upgrade my PSU? Or is there a loose cord? I'm currently using an 850W one.

Would appreciate it if anyone could explain what this picture means.

Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz
Motherboard: X299 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
RAM: HyperX FURY DDR4 2 x 16GB - 3200MHz
SSD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB + Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
GPU: 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (NVIDIA)
PSU: 850 Watt Cooler Master
Chassis: Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5 Window

20210804_173602.jpg

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please parse your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

850W is the wattage, it doesn't state the make and model of the unit. Have you made sure that all connections from the PSU have terminated at your motherboard and the GPU(alongside your other devices)?

Aug 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please parse your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

850W is the wattage, it doesn't state the make and model of the unit. Have you made sure that all connections from the PSU have terminated at your motherboard and the GPU(alongside your other devices)?
All EPS cables (both 8 pin and 4 pin) connected? If yes, check if one of them didn't get loose.
Ok I seem to have located some loose cables that I have used for RGB in the past. It seems those were still connected to the PSU. I'll go back to bios and see if still gives me the pop-up.

Edit: After removing the cables out of my PC the bios didn't give me the pop-up this time so I'm hoping it's fixed now. If it happens again in the future I'll go and check my cables again. Anyways, thank you guys for the help! Much appreciated.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS