botchling86

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
OK, have run into a strange bios issue after reinstalling windows 10.

I can no longer access BIOS without cutting power and using " clear cmos" first.

I was having some random blue screens after trying a mild cpu and gpu overclock and decided to remove it and clean reinstall win 10. It succeded and everything appears to be running smoothly. (not gonna OC again).

BUT I can no longer access BIOS without clearing cmos. I can then access it again and change needed settings but on the next restart, I get the BIOS screen but cant use F2 och DEL. The boot is very slow, I changed from the BIOS logo to show regular startup screen and in the bottom right corner it says just "B2".

Takes about a minute before windows begins starting up, and that takes no time at all. Graphics card appears to be working fine and yes I have tried disconnected all ext devices except KB and mouse.

What could be causing this? Im a complete novice at this type of thing and would appreciate any help offered :)

Thanks in advance

Some specs:
GTX 970
z68 extreme3 gen3 Mobo ( upgraded to v. 2.30 because Intel 3570K)
Intel i5 3570K
DDR3 RAM
win 10

Solution
Ok for anyonte interested I solved it and solution was very simple.. it was the gtx 970 causing problems. I couldnt handle UEFI booting. Why wouldnt it?
I had installed win 10 in UEFI and have an upgraded BIOS so I didnt see the logic in changing boot priority to legacy but that did the trick... So maybe this is a common issue with the GTX 970?

botchling86

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Ok for anyonte interested I solved it and solution was very simple.. it was the gtx 970 causing problems. I couldnt handle UEFI booting. Why wouldnt it?
I had installed win 10 in UEFI and have an upgraded BIOS so I didnt see the logic in changing boot priority to legacy but that did the trick... So maybe this is a common issue with the GTX 970?

Solution