Question BIOS still boots up in old monitor with new main monitor connected ?

Aug 18, 2021
Added a new 27" 2560x1440p@144hz(current res) monitor in a dual monitor setup along with an old 22" 1440x900@60hz(current res) and is configured as main monitor but the BIOS still boots up in old monitor. I read somewhere this is some Nvidia issue and I don't see any monitor selection option in my Gigabyte Bios. It is not a major concern but it would be nice if I could have it on the new monitor. The screen stays black until Windows log-in screen and then it's on the new monitor.

Also, one other little annoying quirk is Windows doesn't save the individual wallpapers most of the time. The big monitor is ok but the smaller one shows the same one as the big one and I don't see the option to set wallpaper in Windows Personalize settings as the monitor-1/2 setting goes missing and I have to restart Explorer (via Task Manager) every time I start computer. Could this be related? Any help is welcome, thanks.

Attached screens:

Before Explorer restart:

After Explorer restart:

All drivers are latest. Windows 10 64bit latest update. Have no issues in anything else, gaming, streaming, content, everything is good.

Ryzen 9 5900x @4.5GHz (1.28v)
3200 DDR4 16GB ram
970GTX 4gb 7-year old card
Benq EX2710Q 27" (using DP cable) / Benq E2200 22" (using VGA to DVI)
Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC mobo
Samsung NvMe 980 1TB ssd
Corsair RM1000x psu

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS