Bios stops 2+ min. then loads win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

6_wheeler

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Hello
Bios stops 2 min then loads files?
but is it bios? PS burnt up awhile back taking 80 &200gb hdds with it maybe something else to?

6_wheeler

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
That's worth a though, I'll check. I put a 500gb hdd in a week ago, now when I run a check it says missing files, then today while I'm in word Program a note pops up c:\ is almost full del files. What 80gb partition, and 1.71gb used. so I check other partitions and one 150gb is half full as well. It's a new Western Digital with 16mb cashe file and a special fast search built in. I wonder if Win xp can run it. I don't want to buy another now. WD said to format C:\ and try again, but why is the other drive 1/2 full to. Anti-virus is up to date and working, ran it full-scan. Going bald fast. Brian

6_wheeler

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Thanks for the help, I should have figured it out myself it was :FastBoot" was turned off. But how I don't know, In my bios it is in Power settings a funny spot to have it. didn't bother to look there. The comment by "o1die" got me looking and finally found it. Shows I look for complicated answers first, Instead of Asking. Thank You for the help.
6_wheeler

Status
Not open for further replies.