Question BIOS suddenly not recognizing M.2 SSD

Oct 6, 2022
Hi there -

I just upgraded my GPU, CPU, and PSU. Specs below. I plug everything in, and turn it on - works perfectly. Tested it it out on a couple games. Shut eveything down and then unplugged everything so I could work on some wire management and close up the case. I go to turn it back on and it wont go past the BIOS. When I look at my boot menu, only my HDD storage shows up, not my M.2 SSD primary drive with my OS. Other than starting from scratch I'm at a loss for what to do. Since it's an M.2 I wouldn't expect it to be a wiring issue but maybe?

I know enough to get these things built but definitely not enough to problem solve something like this. Any advice would be super helpful.

Thanks!

Rich

ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-E
Intel Core i9 13900K
RTX 4090 NVIDIA FE
Samsung 980 PRO 1TB SSD for my OS, 3TB Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 for basically just my steam games
G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 2x16
Corsair HX1500i PSU
Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix Liquid CPU Cooler

Oct 6, 2022
I would try to plug the nvme drive in a different slot on the mobo and see if it works....

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately no luck. Tried all three slots. Even bought a new ssd and tried it - no luck. I must be missing something but who knows. Thanks for the idea. I’ll keep tinkering but may just need a new board ugh

Oct 6, 2022
What did your "wire management" involve? Did you disturb the PSU cabling? Are you using all the cables that came with the new PSU?

Yeah just the psu cables that came with it, and really not much management. I maybe had to “shove” some wires in, it wasn’t perfect. But I went back and made sure everything was reconnected as it should be. And it seems like the mobo is getting all the proper power (and the hdd is still recognized in the bios). So strange. TY