[SOLVED] BIOS Switch on RX580 Sapphire

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
Hello guys, so I got RX580 Sapphire Pulsefire Nitro+ 4GB buy from hand in 2018, it's still doing very fine, but my curiosity gave an idea to poke the BIOS Switch button (it's kinda OC chip to 1411 mhz and so on), and phew, when I pressing "Load game" in Skyrim, for exmple, I got a black screen + system reboot. Now the questions: does it means GPU is from mining (like in 2018 it was really weak huh), does that means GPU is dying, cause on stock it's absolutely fine in Furmark, ATItool, games. Ooooor my chip is kinda tired and can't hold 1411 mhz, actually gotta check what changed after Bios Switch, I instantly was going to play game and test it, and was shocked, I thought GPU is dead, but in stock 1366 it's super fine, what to do, sell it to someone with 1340~ on chip, or keep it forever untill it dies from cringe (idk when 'cause it's already 3~ years GPU)

JadeHarley

Reputable
May 11, 2018
probably just means your PSU cannot handle the amount of wattage the card is asking for but no idea with no spec's
No no, 600W Bronze CoolerMaster MWE, I mean it's brand new and so on, Ryzen 3 3300X, asrock b450pro4, goodram iridium 16gb 3400 mhz, there is no way PSU can't handle it, I fear most it was in mining ((

Last edited: