Question Bios taking longer and longer to load

Oct 17, 2019
Recently my computer has started spending a progressively longer time sitting on the bios load splash screen, now taking several minutes. In fairness I built the system coming up on 8 years ago, but it’s always been a good board and has never seen power that wasn’t going through a UPS. I have not made any recent changes to hardware or peripherals or observed any other new problems. Could this be caused by some other peace of hardware malfunctioning? Should I take this as a warning that my board is dying?

MB: ASUS sabertooth 990 FX (1st GEN)
CPU: FX 6100
PS: Coolermaster Silent pro hybrid 1050W
GC: Radeon RX550 4GB
Samsung 256gb ssd
2 WD hard drives (One is a backup)

The ssd, both hard drives and the graphics card are all newer. I’ve tried pulling all of the peripherals off except for the mouse, keyboard and wifi adapter with no change.

Oct 17, 2019
I give a good cleaning a couple of times a year, last time was in August. My case has removable filters which I clean more often. There is a little over 50GB free on the SSD which I think is about 4 years old. The power supply is the same age as the motherboard. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought about the battery, though I'm thinking that it might not be removable, going to check that now...