BIOS/UEFI settings for installing windows 10 onto a fresh drive

Sep 26, 2018
Hello, I just bought a new 240gb SSD because my old HDD was crippled by a virus. I'm trying to boot from the usb to begin instlling windows on my new SSD but I can't get it to boot. I have the boot sequence set as: SSD>UEFI: USB, Partition 1. I have also tried booting with the order reversed to no avail. I know the USB itself works as I just burned the ISO file via Media Creation Tool last night. Is there a step in the BIOS/UEFI setup that I'm missing? Do I need to partition the new drive before attempting this clean install? Let me know if there are any additional details I can provide, I will appreciate any ideas anyone might have on resolving this and will actively check back throughout the day. Thanks!

Sep 26, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply! I've used this USB in the past as a bootable device, but I deleted the contents of it and reinstalled the ISO file last night. So I guess I haven't tried to boot from this configuration of the USB until now. I don't have access to another non-apple computer at the moment but I'll phone a friend as soon as possible and report back.