Question BIOS underclock RYZEN 3200g on PRIME B450M-A

Mar 8, 2021
hola a todos, me presento me llamo ismael, es mi primer post.

mi problema es que quiero hacerle underclock a un RYZEN 3200g on ASUS PRIME B450m-a, pero solo me permite bajar hasta 2.3ghz,
hay alguna forma de modificar el bios y sacarle el limite inferior?
me imagino que no hay un problema inherente a funcionar debajo de eso por que con ryzen master funciona casi a cero, y no falla la maquina,
asi que creo que es un limite solo de software, en unos videos vi que la x470 bajo en bios a 0.8, que es lo que quiero lograr,
los chips son digamos masomenos parecidos en arquitectura, se puede grabar una bios modificada con modulos de la x470 o algo de eso? si me pueden ayudar seria genial, muchas gracias.

traslate for you

Hello everyone, I introduce myself my name is Ismael, it is my first post.

my problem is that I want to underclock RYZEN 3200g on ASUS PRIME B450m-a motherboard, but it only allows me to go down to 2.3ghz
, is there any way to modify the bios and get the lower limit? I imagine that there is not an inherent problem to work under that because with ryzen master it works almost to zero,
and the machine does not fail, so I think it is a software only limit, in some videos I saw that the x470 low in bios at 0.8, which is what I want to achieve,
the chips are let's say more less similar in architecture, can I record a modified bios with x470 modules or something like that? If you can help me it would be great, thank you very much.

RYZEN 3200g ASUS PRIME B450m-a

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Simple answer is no. You might want to see if the motherboard is pending any BIOS updates, perhaps you could go lower but in all likelihood, the answer is no. My question is, why would you want to undervolt on an APU that is already energy efficient?

Mar 8, 2021
gracias por la atencion!! por que mi objetivo es usarlo solar y necesito bajarle lo mas posible el consumo en uso normal como el uso que le estoy dando ahora mismo, he probado forzando todo lo mas bajo posible y es aun prefectamente funcional, pero me gustaria hacerlo desde el bios, espero que haya una manera, creo que el chipset ni siquiera tiene nada que ver por que todo lo complejo esta en el SOC, y sabiendo que ryzen arranca con una señal de un dispositivo llamado knoll, realmente es el microprocesador y el vrm (creo que usb no funcionan asi pero no viene al caso) el punto es que creo y espero que se pueda, quedo atento a cualquier posibilidad

Mar 8, 2021
thanks for your attention !! Because my goal is to use it solar and I need to lower the consumption as much as possible in normal use as the use that I am giving it right now, I have tried forcing everything as low as possible and it is still perfectly functional, but I would like to do it from the bios, I hope there is a way, I think that the chipset does not even have anything to do because everything complex is in the SOC, and knowing that ryzen boots with a signal from a device called knoll, it really is the microprocessor and the vrm (I think usb do not work like that but it is irrelevant) the point is that I believe and hope it can, I am attentive to any possibility

Mar 16, 2021
i am trying the same , the lowest i can get is 2 GHz , using Asroch B550m steel legend and 3100 CPU.
i remember in some other Mobo i managed to go as low as 800 Mhz . but it was unstable
did you manage to go lower ?

Mar 8, 2021
i am trying the same , the lowest i can get is 2 GHz , using Asroch B550m steel legend and 3100 CPU.
i remember in some other Mobo i managed to go as low as 800 Mhz . but it was unstable
did you manage to go lower ?
nos sucede lo mismo, lo pude bajar con ryzen master pero me gustaria poder bajarlo en bios, se que tiene que haber alguna manera, no creo que pueda quedar "inestable" dudo de la inestabilidad hacia abajo, relojes mas bajos siempre son mas estables, pero no aun no pude, sigo buscando