[SOLVED] Bios update and cpu support dell dimension e520

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allyboi

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
Im having problems updating my old pc's BIOS which when i run always says,
Disk I/O error
Im currently running on bios 2.3.2 and am replacing my old cpu (pentium d 945) to a core 2 duo e6700, i want to know, does my current bios version support the e6700 as i really dont wanna risk my pc because of a bios update gone wrong
Btw my pc is a dell dimension e520.

Solution
There's plenty of discussion about this in Dell's own forums. The consensus is that the E6700 does work, but only on the latest BIOS version. And, you must update the BIOS BEFORE making the swap. However, that's such an old system that a CPU swap isn't going to give you much of an improvement for the money spent.
There's plenty of discussion about this in Dell's own forums. The consensus is that the E6700 does work, but only on the latest BIOS version. And, you must update the BIOS BEFORE making the swap. However, that's such an old system that a CPU swap isn't going to give you much of an improvement for the money spent.

Solution

Allyboi

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
Ah i see, the pc was a gift from my dad and i want to keep it running and im only playing gmod on it.
Hopefully the e6400 will work with my bios as thats my only other alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.