Question BIOS UPDATE CAUSED GAMES AND OS TO STUTTER

Aug 12, 2021
Hello guys I have a problem. Two days ago I did a BIOS update on my pc with the usb flash drive method. I never changed any settings related to the motherboard since the first time I assembled my pc.

• So why I did it? Well, I had this problem where my cpu's stock cooler fan wouldn't stop spinning after turning off pc so after some research I was recommended to do a firmware update to see if this would solve the problem.

• So everything went fine with the flash update but after I boot up pc I immediately noticed windows became clunky. The difference is so evident when I try to do simple tasks like opening Google Chrome or simply going on start menu. Everything seems buggy. I go back and test VALORANT and everything looked so terrible. Game was stuttering like if It was slowed by loading simple maps and assets. It's like micro stuttering/freeze and it's so noticeable and annoying. On Apex Legends it's even worse and it's literally unplayable.

• I did a bunch of tests: I uninstalled all the drivers, reset BIOS cmos, memtest86 on ram sticks, hdd error test and defragmentation, check CPU and GPU voltage and temps, I tried to change to another BIOS version, formatted windows to 0 and...nothing fixed the problem.
I am so desperate I think something went wrong with my mobo after the BIOS update and it somehow fried.