Question BIOS Update crashed, PC has power but no signal on monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InQuisTa

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
I did a system restore that resulted in BSOD upon launch so I reinstalled windows 10. I was installing drivers and thought to update the BIOS while I was at it. I downloaded the BIOS update from the website. (Asrock extreme3 R2.0) and started it up. It crashed with audio stuttering and I force restarted PC. The PC comes on (fans and stuff) but there is nothing on my monitor and my peripherals do not turn on either.
I already tried jumper reset for CMOS but I haven't take the battery out yet. I can't figure out how to do it for this model. It's not in the manual.

InQuisTa

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Try to update the BIOS again, I added the linker for details, make sure you format the USB to FAT32, re-download the BIOS too. If you still have problem, you need to replace the BIOS-chip, which you can find it online.
How to update the BIOS: https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSUI.asp?cat=BIOS8
How do I do this when PC doesn't boot at all, I've figured out how to remove the cmos battery and I took it out for over an hour and used cmos jumper pin reset but it still doesn't boot. When I turn it on only thing that works is the fans

You've likely bricked your motherboard with that failed BIOS update. There's a reason that they warn about not shutting the machine down while the flash is in progress. You might. And I stress the word might, be able to obtain a flashed chip from the motherboard manufacturer and replace the existing, now damaged BIOS. Of course that all hinges upon the manufacturer selling such, and the existing chip being socketed. Otherwise you're looking at a new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS