Question Bios update for 3600

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
just wondering if anyone could help w steps to everything for updating the bios correctly for the 3600 cpu as I have just ordered one currently have the 1600x also if I overclock that should I get aftermarket cpu? Also I have for some reason the wraith max on my current cpu so going to use that on it rather than the new spire I’d get, I have an asrock b450 pro 4 n understand this mother board could corrupt if not done correctly

just wondering if anyone could help w steps to everything for updating the bios correctly for the 3600 cpu as I have just ordered one currently have the 1600x also if I overclock that should I get aftermarket cpu? Also I have for some reason the wraith max on my current cpu so going to use that on it rather than the new spire I’d get, I have an asrock b450 pro 4 n understand this mother board could corrupt if not done correctly
Follow the instructions for updating BIOS in your manual.

A couple of additions might help: afterr BIOS update completes successfully, on first boot go into the BIOS settings screens but don't change anything. Just shut down, then do a reset CMOS. Then boot back into BIOS and find the 'reset to default settings', usually on something like 'SAVE and RESTART' screen. After resetting to default settings, do a SAVE and RESTART (maybe hit F10 key), after the restart make changes you want. This may not be necessary, but it can't hurt.

Using the Wraithe Max you have may be a good move; almost as good as getting a nice AIO cooler.

Don't worry about overclocking on 3600. Gains are minimal, heat output is very high, cooling requirements are extreme. It's not worth it. Just explore enabling PBO and leave it at that.

Reactions: CountMike

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
Just looking here and I’ve to install all in one driver do I just download this and extract to my local disk? Also i have to download p 1.80 to the 2000 series bios before I go to 3000 bios update will I have to do the cmos reset? And one more thing the latest for 3000 was p 3.20 but there are 3.60 but that’s for destiny mainly and also 3.50 which is combo am4 1.0.0.3 and there is also a 3.40 which is for impoverished experience for Matisse, should I go to one of these rather than 3.20 after the 1.80? I’ll most likely go into overclocking ram as I have 3600 c18 kit :)